Tenant FAQs

Maintenancecontact us


You will meet with one of our agents and we will conduct a move-in video showing all negative items to protect your deposit. You must have all utilities on in your name and proof of such.


Quite simply home will be returned back to us in same or better condition. An Agent will conduct a move-out video will be conducted and compare it to your move-in video. This will show any difference that may be held against you. Then you will turn over keys and/or garage door openers and you are set to leave. Be sure to clean great!

Lease Renewals

It is your responsibility to notify us at least 60 before the end of your lease with your intention to stay or leave, per your lease.  As a courtesy, we will call you 90 days out to see what you are considering. All notices must be sent in writing or emailed with a returned response from us.


We love pets! Should you after moving in decide to add one simply contact our office and pay a non-refundable pet deposit. We do not charge pet rent as others do! However, If caught with an unauthorized pet the fines are very hefty so be honest. Additionally, if we get complaints two or more times from neighbors or HOA you will lose the right to have your pet. For insurance reasons, we do not accept any aggressive breeds, including pit bulls or their mixes.


We make it easy to report maintenance issues by allowing you to submit online. Urgent and priority will be completed before lower grades. For after-hours emergencies, like a fire or flood-related only, call 817-771-2625. ALL requests must be documented by you the tenant. No phone calls as we send out your document to our vendors.

Lease Questions

Please review your lease for any questions you may have. We even store it for you on your rental portal. Any other questions that are general can be made by calling the office during regular office hours at 817-765-2222.


We do work with Electric companies that offer discounted rates or even reduced deposits based on your situation. Contact the Water dept in your city to turn that on. Contact ATMOS GAS is gas-powered appliances. Utilities must be turned on and proof is shown prior to moving in.

Pay Rent

Pay rent online 24 hours a day with checking account information or credit card (fee applies if paying with a card). Rents are due at midnight on the second.

Review Us

We value your opinion. Let us know how we’re doing. Are well doing a good job or could we do better?

Do I need pre-approval to paint the home or make other changes?

Yes. If you are interested in painting or installing any interior or exterior fixtures, you must first obtain written authorization from the DFW Rent Houses before such changes can be made.

Can I install cable or satellite TV at the property if not already installed?

Generally yes. However, you must first obtain written permission fromDFW Rent Houses if there is no pre-existing cable or satellite equipment at the property. At some units you may be prohibited from installing a satellite dish in any location where the dish is visible from the ground or from any other unit in the area (i.e Association restrictions). Installations shall be done by a professional, and any cost of installation is an expense of the tenant. Any damages to the property caused by the installation will be the responsibility of the tenant. All completed installations shall be permanent and will remain with the property after the end of the Lease.

Can I sub-lease the property? Or use the property in my business?

No. The lease agreement clearly states that the resident shall not sublet any portion of the property or assign the agreement without written consent from DFW Rent Houses. You may not operate a business out of your rental home (including but not limited to providing sales, daycare services, business storage, or other non-residential business activities).

Can I rent a steam cleaner and clean the carpets myself when I move out?

No. Your rental agreement and rental discount provides that all carpets must be professionally cleaned using a company approved by DFW Rent Houses.

Can I get a pet after move-in?

Pets must be authorized by separate Pet agreement. You will need to contact your property manager and obtain written permission for a pet. There is typically a pet deposit that is required, and the size and type of pet is subject to owner approval.

When and how should I give my notice to vacate?

It is important to refer to your lease for the specific terms in your own residential agreement. In most leases, notice to vacate must be received in the DFW Rent Houses office in writing on or before the 1st of the month. Leases typically require a minimum 60 day notice. So if you are planning on moving at the end of your lease on 30 August, you will need to provide notification no later than 30 June. Please note: Notices received during a month, will be considered received at the end of a calendar month.

What happens if my roommate moves out or I want to add a roommate before the end of the lease?

If your roommate moves out, a written notice needs to be submitted to DFW Rent Houses. Remember that adult tenants are jointly and singularly liable to ensure that the full rent is paid. You must have written permission from DFW Rent Houses to substitute a roommate. It is not the responsibility of DFW Rent Houses to arbitrate or mediate problems with multiple tenant situations.

If you want to add someone to the lease, the individual must complete a rental application and be successfully screened before moving into the property. There is an application fee of $50 per adult, and a lease amendment fee of $250 for coordinating and administratively amending the lease to add a roommate.

When is Rent Due?

Rent payments are due and collected on the first of the month. Late fees will apply for rents not received by the 3rd of the month. Late payments become part of your rental payment history, which can follow you as you move to a new location, or purchase a property. Without prompt communication with your property manager after a “Late” payment, an eviction process could commence at any time. The tenant will be held responsible for all Eviction, court filing, attorney, and collection costs resulting from late payments.